Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, and with that comes the need for home charging solutions. Installing an electric vehicle charger at home can be a great way to save money on charging costs and make it more convenient to charge your car.
The cost of installing an electric vehicle charger at home can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of charger you choose, the location of the charger, and the electrical work that is required.
- The type of charger: The majority of chargers on the market today offer standard charging rates. However there is a wide range of features including smart charging and being able to take advantage of energy suppliers night time low cost charging rates,
- The location of the charger: The location of the charger can also affect the cost of installation. If you want to install the charger in a garage, the cost could be lower than if you want to install it outside for example.
- The electrical work that is required: If you have a dedicated circuit for the charger, the cost of installation will be lower than if you need to upgrade your consumer unit for example.
Positives of Installing an Electric Vehicle Charger at Home:
- Convenience: Having a home charger makes it easy to charge your car overnight, so you can wake up to a full battery every day.
- Cost savings: Charging at home is typically much cheaper than charging at public charging stations.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you have a reliable way to charge your car can give you peace of mind.
- Environmental benefits: Charging your car at home reduces the emissions from public charging stations.
- Some charging points allow charging during peak solar generation, reducing your vehicle's running costs.
The cost of installing an electric vehicle charger at home can vary, but it is a worthwhile investment for many people. The convenience, cost savings, and environmental benefits make it a smart choice for those who own an electric vehicle.
Electric vehicle chargers require installation by a certified electrician, contact Wil-lec Group today for your FREE quote by calling 01472 241881 or by clicking here.